The aim of this WP is to create a reference implementation for a geographical infrastructure, which is entirely based on free software and guarantees a set o basic features that are definded by the project partners. These features are following:
- Management of spatial data in a relational database
- Display geographical services WMS,WFS and WCS multilingual
- Publication of data through WebGIS services with different features (Geoprocessing)
- Advanced editing with WebGIS client and desktop
- Interoperability with WebGIS tools and the most used/common desktops in the two involved administrations.
The details of the basic features are the core of several workshops intended to potential users. The aim of these workshops are to discuss the software according to a survey of the requirements and the Free Software which are already used in the involved public administrations.
We expect to create a reference implementation composed entirely of free software components that communicate and manage the data through open protocols.